Chicken and Chorizo Paella
29 Jan 2024
- 80g Chorizo diced
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 Lowan Park Produce chicken thighs diced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp paprika
- 170g paella or arborio rice
- 1l chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 red, yellow or orange capsicum finely chopped
- 130g frozen peas
- Handful of parsley chopped
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo for a couple of minutes until the oil is released. Add the onion and fry for 8-10 mins more until it begins to soften and caramelise. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min before adding the chicken. Fry for 5 mins until browned all over. Sprinkle in the oregano, basil, garlic granules and paprika, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Tip in the rice and toast slightly in the chorizo oil. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer, then add the pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 mins, or until the rice is almost cooked.
- Top up with more stock or water, if needed. Add the peas and cook for a few minutes more until the rice is tender. Once the chicken is cooked and the rice is done to your liking, season to taste.
- Serve in bowls sprinkled with the parsley.