- 1 Litre filtered water
- 30ml vinegar
- 1.5kgs Lowan park chicken frames
- Optional herbs, spices and vegetables
- In a slow cooker or large pot, boil all ingredients together
- Reduce to a simmer for 10–24 hours before letting it cool.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and pour into smaller containers for storage.
It might also help to add salt, vegetables, herbs and spices such as parsley, sage thyme, pepper, garlic or ginger to give the broth more flavor.
After making a big batch of broth, store it in smaller containers in the freezer. Heat these smaller containers as needed, and the broth will last longer.